July 27, 2021

House 4: Guitar - Part 2

I'm starting this chapter with Kilka's child birthday. There was no party for her this time, just her parents cheering on. Her brother was sleeping in his crib.

Kilka is now an ambitious girl.


Let's not forget the obligatory picture with a slice of cake in her hand. She's a mini Paraná, which in turn is a mini Lillie. I love how the nose plays with the rest of her face, plus her random blonde hair with her skin. Cute kid who is going to become a beautiful woman (she's already a young adult in the game.)


Although there was no celebration, she enjoyed a family moment eating cake together with her parents. 


During her childhood, Kilka became good friends with the toy that had mysteriously arrived in the mail. For this reason, I let it come out to play with the girl.


Seeing her friend Ruca transform into a kind of living doll, Kilka wondered if there was any way to monetize this. She could win a lot of money!

From that moment on, Kilka and Ruca became inseparable.


Playing different games throughout the house and just enjoying themselves.


I planned to turn an invisible friend into a real sim in the previous generation, since that household was the one in charge of the logic skill. But, neither Paraná nor Aguapey received these dolls. The one time that I wasn't going to get rid of them, it's the time that the game decided not to send them.

So when Paraná left her childhood home, she brought some special potions with her. When her daughter told her about her best friend being invisible, she didn't hesitate to give her one of those potions.


Kilka held her breath as she watched Ruca transform into a real sim. 


For a moment I thought about modifying Ruca a bit, but in the end I left her pudding face intact because she'll not be taking part in the heirs' gene pool. I don't dislike face ones per se, they're are pleasant to watch if a little bland, and bland people exist in real world, so... What I really hate it's that they're the only type of sim the game generates.


Despite her traits (Insane, Can't Stand Art, Frugal), Ruca's a well mannered child. She likes to read quietly along with her new mother. She also autonomously helps around the house, and takes care of Pelque.


Speaking of Pelque, a screenshot of him before aging up. He was lucky to play with both the pegbox and xylophone.


After his birthday. His third trait is Good Sense of Humor. I'm grooming him for the next household skill. Being green really suits him. 


He wasn't very impressed with the girls ignoring his birthday. How can homework be more interesting that eating cake? By their faces, it's not.


Who also had a birthday is Paraná, she's now a full adult with responsibilities, the game informed her, as if having three kids at home and a job wasn't enough responsibility. One of the Pertridge girl (for some reason I can never remember who is who) laughed at her. Or maybe at the silliness of the game. 


Instead of going home, Paraná watched the townies' dramas for a little while. Liam O'Dourke and Maya Abbot were in an endless flirting/no flirting circle. It was amusing to see. When one of them began to flirt, the other rejected the first, and in the next action the roles would change. I captured only a few of these failed flirting attempts, but they continued doing this for a couple of hours.


Paraná used her high leveled handiness to upgrade the appliances and plumbing around the house, thus maxing the skill.


The family threw another party, this time to celebrate the girls' teen birthdays, inviting a few classmates, although there were some adults who sneaked in. Playing the guitar made the party a success.


The first to age was Kilka, she's now Athletic because she's going to do the Professional Sport career. At first I had decided on another trait and career, since I was thinking of using her as a back up for supermaxing guitar, but Ken was doing really well with the skill by this time and I was sure he could do it. Which I was right, where I'm in game right now I only need one more opp to supermax it. 


Ruca followed her best friend in aging up. Her new trait is Genius and her future career is Medical.


One of the guest and co-worker of both Paraná and Ken, Ryan Anderson, was kind enough to provide music with his guitar. The only problem? He played the guitar all night long. I had to reset him the next morning when it became obvious he wasn't going to stop at any time soon.


When I made Ruca real, I did it with the intention of her becoming a sister to Kilka and Pelque. During the girls' childhood, I mentally referred to her as twins. They, for their part, had different ideas. 


Ruca autonomously started flirting with Kilka, who accepted her advances with gusto. Obviously, I immediately followed their wishes. This is the first couple in this story that I didn't push together, which makes me very happy because I generally like my sims deciding for themselves.


Here are a couple more screenshots of them being cute together. And a first kiss.


And to give Ken a bit of a place in this update and to close it, here is him aging to adult in the middle of a guitar session and with his sixth opportunity call ringing on his cellphone.



***

SimNaNo

Words: 940
Pictures: 24

Accumulative Words: 6034
Accumulative Pictures: 159

No comments:

Post a Comment