July 25, 2021

House 4: Guitar - Part 1

Hidden Springs is the town chosen for this generation. This time I wanted to build Paraná's new house. I tried to go with the style of the town and I'm not completely sure I succeeded, but I like the way it looks. 


I brought Iguazú's and Lillie's tombstone from Barnacle Bay (for genetics purposes) and put them in the Graveyard because I don't want to deal with ghosts just yet.


This house's skill, as I already mentioned in the previous update, is guitar. I haven't added any expansion since I activated Ambitions and Generations on the first day of the project so I think this will help complete the Guitar Star challenge. Fewer expansions generally result in more opportunities.


Paraná ordered a pizza and waited while playing the guitar. That's productivity, people. I chose Ken Woodard as her spouse because we're in Hidden Springs and that means greenboos. Luckily, they agreed with me if the hearts flying in their heads are to be trusted.


Paraná explained to him why she had called him to her home and he seemed happy about that. I guess the prospect of a real house after living in an invisible one with about 20 sims looks like a very good bargain.


I gave him a Rock Star look because that's exactly what he'll be doing for a living. He's also the one in charge of supermaxing this house's skill. I know you can, Ken, I have faith in you!


They don't need much prompt from me to interact with each other, just one romantic action and they can be like this for hours. So far, I'm having luck with the couples that I chose for my heirs, they all seems to be into each other.


Because she'll be working in a rabbithole career, Paraná immediately became pregnant. I like to avoid the maternity leaves as much as possible, I generally have my sims start or complete their careers before getting pregnant.


The imminent arrival of their first child made both Paraná and Ken have the wish to marry. They had a private wedding at Hidden Gardens and Paraná was the first sim to have a sort of wedding dress in this story. I admit I'm being a bit lazy about this type of things.


They spent their wedding evening at the Library reading about pregnancy. I think the panic over the arrival of the nooboo was stronger than anything else. At least they spent the night together.


As soon as he reached level 5 of Guitar, Ken started playing for tips.


Like her husband, Paraná enjoyed the outdoors while playing but in her home's backyard.


It was at one of those sessions that she went into labor. Kilka Skiillo is the first kid of gen 4, her traits are Virtuoso and Friendly. 


While Kilka has a nursery in the first floor, I put a crib in the room where the stairs are since her parents' room is on the opposite side of the house on the ground floor. I didn't design the house very well.

Ken is very proud to be a daddy. Despite having no traits, he attends to his daughter's needs automatically. 


One day before Kilka's first birthday, Ken and Paraná looked for their second child. This time I wanted the children to be close in age so I can choose the heir among them. Meanwhile, I gave them traits that can be used in a couple of careers.


As this house's skill is guitar, I thought about throwing a few parties. The first one was to celebrate Kilka's toddler birthday. Ken played the guitar and Paraná declined a couple of unwelcome advances.


The game reported that the party was a great failure because no one aged up, but Ken's wish to throw a great party was fulfilled and he had the moodlet to prove it. Aside from the fact that, at the time Kilka grew up, there were still a few guests in the different parts of the house enjoying themselves.


Kilka is the first sim to have a genetic variation. The blond hair it's nowhere in the family tree but it looks good with her tan skin.


That evening, her mother gave her the news that she was going to have a little brother or sister. Not the best birthday present for a toddler, although Kilka was more interested in playing with the mysterious gift that had arrived in the mail the day after she was born.


The one who was very happy with the arrival of the new member of the house and being a father again was Ken. He dotted on his wife at every opportunity that he could.


Kilka was the first toddler to play with the xylophone. Although I doubt that putting the stick in her eye is the proper way to make music.


Sometimes she would play alone with her new toy, other times her mother would join in. On one of those, she was interrupted by Paraná going into labor. Kilka wasn't impressed.


It's a greenboo! And a totally surprise because Paraná stuffed herself with watermelons from the moment the baby was conceived. I wanted this generation to be all girls, but well. 

Pelque is a Virtuoso who Loves the Outdoors, just like his mother.


Nothing really important happened the next few days. In addition to teaching her daughter their skills, Paraná and Ken spent several hours on the guitar and the woman joined the music career.

I dedicated myself to send Ken to different parts of town in search of the community lot that would attract the most sims. This lot turned out to be the diner. Although this screenshot doesn't show it, generally Ken plays for about 15 sims, sometimes more.


For Pelque's toddler birthday his parents didn't throw a party because both of them had to work. It was a quiet affair with just the family members.


Besides his skin tone, Pelque inherited his father's hair color. The rest, like his sister, it's all her mother. Lillie's factures are really strong, both her children and grandchildren look like her.


I love how his favorite color, pink, goes with his coloring, such nice contrast. I think this was the moment I was sure he was the heir. I had thought of it when he was born because a colorful heir is always great in my book, but I think seeing him dressed in pink was the decisive factor.

***

SimNaNo

Words: 1070
Pictures: 26

Accumulative Words: 5094
Accumulative Pictures: 135

No comments:

Post a Comment