July 22, 2021

House 3: Logic - Part 3

I start this chapter with an Aguapey's close up. Why I took this screenshot? I don't know, but since I didn't show his face well in the previous update, here's he as Young Adult.


It's time for Paraná to grow up again. She gained the No Sense of Humor trait. Per challenge's rules all traits have to be used at least once, so I'm trying to distribute them according to the personality that I think my sims should have. I don't use this trait much and I have to wonder why. Contrary to what its name suggests, it's a lot of fun. I loved boring sims to death.


She's all Lillie with Iguazú's coloring. Don't let her sad expression and new trait fool you, Paraná turned out to be a very fun sim to play.


Just like on her previous birthday, she was tutored by her brother as soon as she finished eating her slice of cake.


Lillie scoured the city looking for spirits until she captured 150. Thus becoming my first sim to receive the Ghost Hunter's Bravery Ribbon. Until now I always gave up before capturing all of them because I find it quite a tedious task, but I did it because I want to complete as much as possible in this project.
Having collected all the Service Awards, she retired with a good pension for a profession, $7256 per week is pretty nice.


Aguapey had some problems completing the Grand Master challenge, one of his opponents and childhood friend Cemre Lai was always working. The sim was in the firefighter career and never available, so I went to edit town and added a chess table to the Fire House, which didn't help because the man was never there. 

That's the type of thing I wanted to avoid by doing this skill early in this project before other expansions were activated, I was thinking of avoiding proprietors/showtime careers but I didn't think of others type of professions. In the end, I did something that could be called cheating but I was desperate after three days without being able to challenge him to play chess. I went to edit town again and bulldozed the Fire Station since it was of not use to me. Immediately, I made Aguapey call Cemre and, luckily, he won in the first game.


An opponent later and Aguapey completed his Lifetime Wish, Chess Legend.


At the same time, he supermaxed Logic. The three days in which he couldn't compete in the chess tournament served him to complete the other challenges.


From here on all that was left to do was for Paraná to grow up to young adult, max logic and buy her two lifetime rewards. With that purpose I began to fulfill all kinds of wishes. Like pillow fighting with her brother. 


Or Obey attention to her mood swings. I usually don't fulfill those type of wishes, like pranking a house. But this challenge it's forcing me to do things that I don't normally do, which I love and it's keeping me entertained.


She wanted to change her haircut so I complied, I also dyed her tips and highlights in her favorite color, Lime.


She went to prom and was elected Queen, everyone high fived her as she ran up to accept her crown. Said crown became part of her museum.


Iguazú and Lillie gained the Eternal Faithful reputation like his parents before. They were spending a lot of time together, both at home and on bistro or movie dates. They're so cute.


Returning to Paraná, she wanted to learn the Athletic skill so her mother was more than happy to train her encouraging her to fulfill even more wishes.


Another one was to see a movie. With so much time spending on skills, the family rarely do things together. I thought it was the perfect occasion for a group outing.


After the movie, they went to eat at the ship diner and they ended the night in the park in free will, not before I made Paraná bore some sims to death because I was having a blast with that. 😅


Finally, Paraná maxed Logic reading in the library, sadly there was no wish attached to that. The only one in this family who had that particular wish was Lillie.



The one logic wish we can always count is discovering potions, so Paraná was attached to the Chemistry Lab Station for a couple of days until fulfilling it.


One day before Paraná's young adult birthday, it was Iguazú's time to depart. He and his wife were cuddling in bed when it happened. His daughter was in the house and ran up to the bedroom just in time to see him go.


He greeted Grim with a handshake and a smile on his face. He lived a happy and fulfilled life.


Paraná's birthday was bittersweet, her brother and mother tried to impart joy but the recent loss of their older family member was noticed by the three of them.


Paraná's final trait was Virtuoso and her Lifetime Wish, Hit Movie Composer. It's obvious what the next house's skill is going to be.


A few hours later and only one day after Iguazú's death, his wife followed him. Taking a page from her husband's book, Lillie accepted Grim's hand without problem.


The two large tombstones were put together in one corner of the house's garden, surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants.


Then came Paraná's graduation day. Like her brother, she was selected Class Valedictorian and her classmates voted her Most Likely to be a Rock Star (wrong career pat there, guys).


The next few days she fulfilled wishes until she had the points to buy her two rewards, Complimentary Entertainment and Collection Helper. She already owned the bookstore since her mid-teens.

With all the requirements met, it was time for a new move. The first to go was Aguapey who bought a small house near his parents'.


Then it was time for Paraná to say goodbye to Barnacle Bay. 


At first I had thought about Paraná buying a new house in town but I began to notice that none of my sims received opportunities, despite all of them having skills that have many of them. So a new town was the best bet to supermax Guitar.

Before closing this update, I leave you with this household's museum.

Iguazú's was pretty bare so I added the three space rocks he found while using the telescope.


Lillie's impressive one. I think I collected all the Ghost Hunter Profession's awards.


Aguapey's was as good as his mother's. I added the potions collection since he was the one who supermaxed this household's skill.


And finally Paraná's museum. Pretty good for a recently turned young adult sim.



House 3 Summary
Skill: Logic

Iguazú
Skills: 10 Cooking, 10 Athletic, 10 Logic.
Traits: Heavy Sleeper, Good, Neat, Natural Cook, Schmoozer
Career: Culinary - to finish in the next house
LTW: Celebrated Five-Star Cheff

Lilli
NPC: Firefighter
Skills: 10 Logic, 10 Athletic, 10 Handiness.
Traits: Great Kisser, Artistic, Clumsy.
Career: Ghost Hunter
LTW: Paranormal Profiteer

Aguapey
Skills: Supermaxed Logic, 4 Athletic, 3 Cooking.
Traits: Genius, Friendly, Computer Whiz, Insane, Lucky.
Career: Bookstore Clerk
LTW: Chess Legend

Paraná (Heir)
Skills: 10 Logic, 7 Handiness, 1 Athletic.
Traits: Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Over-Emotional, No Sense of Humor, Virtuoso
Career: Music - to start in the next house.
LTW: Hit Movie Composer
Building/Property: Divisadero Budget Books
Unique Rewards: Complimentary Entertainment, Collection Helper.

***

SimNaNo

Words: 1128 (not counting the house summary).
Pictures: 32

Accumulative Words: 4024
Accumulative Pictures: 109

No comments:

Post a Comment